Wednesday 6 July 2011

At Rest

Yesterday was an amazing day. i'm not going to start with yesterday though. I'm going to start with Monday.
Monday was not a good day. I woke up later than I was planning to so when I looked at all the work I  had to get done I felt a little overwhelmed. The whole day I felt like I was fighting a losing battle. By 4 pm I was exhausted, discouraged, cranky and snappy. I felt like the day had won the battle and looking around my house and in the mirror seemed evidence of that.
That night before bed I made a decision. Even though there was still a lot of housework to do, I decided that Tuesday was going to be a good day. Then I remembered that on Sunday night I had decided that Monday was going to be a good day; full of accomplishments, so I put a clarifier on my 'good' for Tuesday. I said to myself, "Tomorrow will be a good day. I'll just spend it relaxing and being with my kids."
And you know, it was a good day. Even better than expected.

I woke up early (well I woke up early on Monday too so I could make Daniel lunch but then I went back to bed!) and did a workout. Jocelyn woke up just as I was ending it. We had some quality one-on-one time before Shaelynn woke up and then the three of us took my sister out for a birthday breakfast. We spent over an hour at the restaurant and then took our time coming home. We checked the mail and mailed some letters (Holly...). Once back home I layed Jocelyn down for a nap and turned on Diego for Shaelynn and did some dishes. Then we went to a magic show (followed by some reading time while we waited for the facepainter to arrive) at the library. We stayed at the library for 2 hours. And somehow after that, while Jocelyn napped again, I managed to clean the whole house and do laundry while playing with Shaelynn. My husband came home to a clean house and dinner on the table. I love it when that happens. Then I headed for the pool with a friend and had a great workout. When I came home, Daniel and I got the kids in bed and then spent some (much needed) time together.
Today is story time in the park and grocery shopping. Sounds like another good day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay letter to me! Also very glad you had a better day :)

    ReplyDelete