Monday 18 July 2011

Crazy, Busy July

 Last week was VBS (Vacation Bible School). My husband is part of the music team and I ran games this year and our oldest daughter goes to the preschool class. Each morning of last week we were up between 6:40 and 7:45 and at VBS by 8:30 (ish). Devotions at 9:15 (ish) and then the kids would come at 9:30 and it would all begin. It was so much fun and runnning games was the easiest VBS job I've done yet. (Although I did use a louder voice than normal so the kids could all hear me and my voice was a bit hoarse for the weekend.) We got home around noon each day and the my husband would leave for work. Monday I picked (and cleaned and boiled) elderberries in the afternoon with my daughters, Mama and sister. Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon we made jam. Thursday afternoon I caught up on housework. Friday after VBS my cousin from Australia stopped by and then I went to a Discovery Toy party (where I discovered that they make 3 fun and educational games that I had as a kid!). By 4 on Friday my whole family was wiped but we had a party to go to that evening. My adorable, sweet niece was having her first birthday party. We went, we enjoyed it but it felt like we were on auto-pilot. We kept finding ourselves sitting on a couch in the corner away from all the action, just kind of watching everything, not really engaging in conversation. So then we'd make ourselves get in there again. We ended up going to bed as soon as we got home. It was only 9pm! Saturday my husband had to work again so I spent the day cleaning and playing with my daughters. Then in the evening we had our youth BBQ. Sunday morning, Daniel led worship at our church, then we were on clean-up. Daniel finally got a break and spent the afternoon relaxing at home (with his guitar of course!) while the girls and I went hiking and swimming in Hope (Devil Mountain and Devil Lake) with my parents, Aussie cousin and another guy. It was a great afternoon. We came home tired but happy. After dinner, Daniel and I took the girls to Castle Fun Park for their first mini-golfing experience. Home again by 9 ish. End of crazy week.

This week is Creation Fest....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, busy busy! Don't know if you've noticed, but with us it seems like *all the busyness* happens all at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete